I’m back after a mental Christmas! I spent mine with the fam and my one true love- my darling cat. I had more chocolate than I should have and enough turkey sandwiches to last a lifetime (or at least another 12 months).
I’m aware I took the foot off the pedal and didn’t post for a bit, but I had to take a wee break. Given I share everything about myself and what I’m up to pretty much every day, I thought it was deserved! On that though I was taking stock of our community over on Instagram and I cannot believe we are very nearly at the 20k milestone. I originally started my little account in order to share some modelling pictures and shite angled selfies with my pals. From there I started to connect with some of you sharing the trials and tribulations of being a student and it has absolutely snowballed. I am overwhelmed and incredibly touched by each and every single one of you that have elected to come along on this weird and wonderful journey.
I remember my tagline when I started living the online life was describing myself as “The Token Leprechaun and Crazy Kat Lady”. Oh how we have evolved since then. It would seem as though it has all morphed into the recording and cataloguing of my adulting f*ck ups. And as some of you have noticed I have changed my tagline to suit it -“Attempting to be an adult one misstep at a time..” I think I’ll always being aiming to reach peak adulting and hoping to be one of those ladies who manage to make their career and personal life look effortless and stylish. You know, one of those ladies who don’t get the police called to the house at stupid o’clock because they burned pasta. A story for another time (yes that actually happened)! I don’t quite think I’ll reach peak lady guru level, but it’s still nice to try to set some goals and give it a whiz.
So, here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to set myself some manageable adulting goals for the next year. We’ll do a review in January of 2020. In the meantime I’m hoping all 20k+ of you will help me get there by reminding me to get my ass in gear and actually do it!
- I’m going to exercise-ish. I will never be a gym bunny as proven by an attempt my fab pal Sarah and I made which ended in brownies. I did try it a week later alone and that one ended in tears. I would, however, like to make an attempt to walk the hour and 20 minutes into college or back from it at least once a week. A spot of yoga probably wouldn’t go amiss either.
- I’m going to blog at least twice a month. Less excuses, I’m just going to sit down and write.
- Vegetables. I need to eat more of those.
- Actually being sociable. I’d really like to start getting to know you all better this year.
- I am going to learn how to iron properly this year.
- I will try my best to be on time for things. I can hear you laughing from here mam and dad. I’ll give it my best shot.
I’ve put it in writing now, so you can all hold me to it! I’ll write again soon. Another wee thank you for all the love and support!